Sunday, March 25, 2018

North Carolina Demos Blog Hop



Welcome to the NC Demos March blog hop. You should have arrived from Sue Root's blog, didn't she have cute cards?  If you get lost the complete line up is at the bottom of my page.  

This month's theme is the 2016-2018 In colors which are retiring May 31st.  Although I am sad to see them go I am excited to see the new colors that will be introduced in our 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.  

No automatic alt text available.


Today I would like to share a masculine card using the Truly Tailored stamp set and True Gentleman Designer Series Paper.  The suggested color of blue to use with this paper is Night of Navy however, I loved the Dapper Denim Paired with the Tranquil Tide card stock.



For this project you will need:
  1.  Dapper Denim card stock cut 8" by 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4."   
  2. Crumb Cake card stock cut 4" X 5 1/4" 
  3. bow tie design of the True Gentleman DSP cut 3" x 3 3/4".  
  4. A piece of Tranquil Tide card stock cut 3 1/4" X 3 1/2". 
  5. A piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3" X 1
  6. Dapper Denim Classic Stampin' Pad
Fold your Dapper Denim card stock in half on the score line to create your card base.  Attach your Crumb Cake card stock to your card base and add your Designer Series Paper to your Crumb Cake layer.  I stamped my sentiment using the a stamp from the Truly Tailored set, leaving off the mustache.  You can do this by using a marker to color your stamp or as I did, stamp it and cut it to size.

See the cute bow tie?  I wanted something a little larger than the Bow Maker bow.  Can you guess what I used to make it?  If you guessed the Tailored Tag Punch you are right.  I punched 2 from a coordinating piece of DSP, used my bone folder to give them a bit of a curve, attached the ends of each punch together using a glue dot.  The two loops of the bow are held together with another glue dot and there is a strip of DSP wrapped around the middle to cover the seam from attaching the two loops together.

I always suggest attaching a piece of Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock on the inside of any dark card base for additional messages or stamping.

I hope you have enjoyed my card now, hop on to my friend Kathy Svedberg's blog

Toni Campana -

Jo Anne Hewins -

Tracie Evans Langley -

Laurie Meier -

Sue Root -

Karel Standish-
https://stampininmyjammies.blogspot.com/2018/03/north-carolina-demos-blog-hop.html


Kathy Svedberg -
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/craftykathy/blog?directBlogUrl=/blog/2159341/entry/nc_demo_blog_hop_for1http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/craftykathy/blog?directBlogUrl=/blog/2159341/entry/nc_demo_blog_hop_for1

Frances Wagner -


Until next time,



6 comments:

  1. Adorable card Karel. Thanks for sharing and hopping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice masculine card, Karel. I think your choice of blue is a good one and great tip for making the bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love this card, Karel! So glad you joined us for your first blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you made the bow for your card. Great tip. I'm so glad you joined our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still super love this card! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your card! Its super cute and perfect for Father's Day or the man in our lives.

    ReplyDelete