Thursday, October 22, 2009

I can't believe it's almost the end of October!  So many things to make with so little time.

Last weekend I was at a girl's weekend at the beach playing with my Stampin' Up! toys.  I love the votive candle luminaries I have seen posted and decided to make one.  The first one I made using the Holy Triptych stamp set with gold embossing and very vanilla textured card stock.   I had my Delightful Decorations stamp set and ornament punch so I decided to make a luminary using an embossed ornament.  This was more difficult than I imagined.  The reach on the punch was short so I couldn't center my punch and my punch was wider than my square as well.  Hmmmm.  The oval punch I used for my first luminary was easy as pie.  I folded two sqaures together and punched! The Ornament couldn't be punched sideways or it would be ... well, sideways. lol  To solve the problem I shortened the height and made my box sides wider, here is the finished product!  I went to the dollar store and bought the battery operated flickering tea light candles and voila, a beautiful look for your table or to give as a gift.








Here are the directions:
Real Red textured card stock cut 12 x 4 1/2
score at 1/4" , 3 1/4", 6 1/8" and 9"
Vellum card stock 1001856 cut 2 1/2 x 2 1/2
Scallop punch the top of your paper , I used the scallop edge punch 112091, you may prefer the eyelet border punch 113692
center your ornament punch 116794 in the center of your square, I punched two at once, and punch out your ornament design
Stamp your vellum card stock with your Delightful Decorations stamp 16517 using versamark ink102283
Cover your stamped area with gold embossing powder 109129 carefully tapping off any excess powder
Heat the ambossed area with your heat tool 100005 until the entire image is shiny.
Center your image in your punched area and secure with sticky strip 104294  ( I tried snail but the sticky strip holds much better )

How pretty is that?! 

Contact me with any questions, comments, to share your creation or place an order.


Until we stamp again



No comments:

Post a Comment