Sister week was great as always. We went on a cruise to Bermuda with a scrapbooking group we had never met. Les buys page kits from the organizer online. How funny, there were 4 people from the small town I live in outside of Raleigh, NC, 2 ladies from Raleigh and one of my stampin' sisters that is a member of Sudsol, an online group of Stampin' Up! demos! She is not from NC , most of the group was not. The couple from Garner lives about 1/4 mile from me. We scrapped, did some sightseeing the days we were in Bermuda and had a great time. Who knew Bermuda had a scrap booking store. lol. Les and I also spent a few days in New York City. We saw Wicked and ate at the Carnegie Deli, I will have to post a pic of the sandwiches that are about 4" tall. WOW I have never seen any sandwich that big. I was sad to leave my sis. The day I got home I had a sore throat, the next day full blown bronchitis. I have been sick for the last week but am finally beginning to feel better. Thanks goodness! The down side is my Kindle Fire was stolen, but all in all a great time was had by all. Some of us are going on the East Coast and Canada cruise next fall, I can't wait!
This card is one I did with our Sassy Stampers meet-up group last month. I thought I had shared it but in looking back realized I didn't. If you are in the Garner, NC area please I would love you to join our group. Frances and I are offering classes, have Stampin' Bunco and this month the shoebox swap is a new approach to swaps. Thanks to one of our members Jen for this unique idea. I will share more on that later.
I made this card using the Woodgrain textured embossing folder, Perfectly Preserved bundle and Cherry Cobbler bakers twine. The Base of the card is Lucky Limeade with Whisper White card stock embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder. To make this card:
- Cut out your image with the jar framelit from Whisper White card stock
- emboss it with the Woodgrain Embossing folder(to keep the embossing from going so deep and prevent splitting of the embossed lines use a piece of paper towel in your folder)
- without attaching it lay your cut image over your card base placing it where you will be attaching it.
- Trace your jar image on the top of your card base color and cut it out with your jar framelit.
- Cut a piece of vellum larger than your cut out and stamp the jar with black Staz On ink. I used glue dots to attach the vellum to the back of the embossed Whisper White card stock
- Attach your whisper White and vellum to the top of your card base making sure all of the images and cut outs are lined up.
- Stamp your image for the inside of the jar, I used cherries, and cut them out with your coordinating framelit.
- Attach your jar contents to the inside of your card placing them so they look like they are in the jar. I attached a piece of Whisper White card stock to the inside of my card so the cherries would show and and a note could be written.
- Finish your card by Stamping yourand cutting out your lid and embellishing your card front as desired.
Sorry about the inside pic. I keep playing around with lighting and it still has this tint to it.
I hope you enjoyed this card.
ITEMS ADDED TO THE CLEARANCE RACK
Dont forget: the single stamps and the Ornament Keepsakes bundle special.
As always thanks for stopping by.