Sunday, October 31, 2010

I can't believe it's almost November!  It has been in the 80's here in North Carolina, I'm still waiting for Fall to begin. I am originally from the mountains and miss having a true Fall.  The crisp days, vibrant colors and smell of wood burning in the fireplaces.  The Christmas decorations have been up in the stores for over a month and many of my demo friends are sharing the holiday projects they have made. 

All of this inspired me to begin working on my holiday projects.  Linda, a friend of mine, and I made Christmas cards last weekend.  I forgot to take a picture of one of my cards before she left.  Here is my most recent creation.

  •   I used the stamp set Holiday Happiness 120792 and stamped the image on Very Vanilla card stock in Early Expresso ink, you could use Old Olive ink 102277 for the image if you wish.  Some of the stamped ornaments are on dimensionals and some are stamped directly on the card.  There is a star stamp included with the set, I decided to use a brad.  To gather the ribbon I used a loose stitch with needle and thread and pulled the thread to gather the ribbon until I was able to work it around the back of the card and used sticky strip to attach it to the oval.

The supplies I used are listed below:

Holiday Happiness Stamp Set wood mount116982 or clear mount 120480
Very Vanilla card stock 101650
Old Olive card stock 100702
Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper 117159
Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon 109054
Scalloped Oval extra large punch 119856
1 3/8" x 5/8" oval large 119863
Stampin' Dimensionals 104430
Sticky Strip 104294
Early Espresso Classis Stampin' Pad 119670
Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad 102277
Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Pad 119689 

I hope you enjoy this card and hope to stamp with you soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment