Wednesday, February 15, 2012

GHIRADELLI CHOCOLATE HOLDER

Our church has adopted a local elementary school. To show the staff how much they are appreciated I dropped off 80 of these Ghiradelli chocolate holders yesterday on my way to work.  These candy holders have been around for quite a while and can be decorated for any occasion.  


Cut a piece of colored card stock of choice 3" x 8" and score at 3 7/8 " and 4 1/8".  Use your word window punch to make your opening on the front piece.  Make sure your paper is in the punch as far as it will go, make your cut and move your punch so the edge of your punch is even with the right side, punch, repeat with the left side.  This should extend your opening by about 1/4" to 3/8 " on each side.  

Decorate to taste.  The top is usually closed by punching a hole on each side at the top, running ribbon through and finished by tying a bow.  I  changed it up a bit by cutting my closure piece using the Labels Collection Framelits next to the smallest frame.  After cutting my Whisper White card stock with the framelit I  ran it through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I folded the paper in half and used sticky strip on each side to hold it firmly closed. 

 You can modify the size of your opening to hold a miniature Hershey Bar or other flat type of candy.


Thanks for Stopping by,
Inky huggz,

No comments:

Post a Comment