Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY !

I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day.  This is one of my favorite cards, must be because I love pink.  It was a sad day when my pink Blackberry died, I replaced it of course but not with another pink phone just boring black. sigh.... I digress, back to the card. 

There are so many little things that give this card a simple but chic look.  I learned to save colored card stock by using a single piece of  4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Melon Mambo card stock with a 4" x 10 1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock scored at  5 1/4", folded in half . The bottom of the Whisper White is punched with the pinking hearts punch, a  4" x 1" strip of Melon Mambo is attached to the bottom inside the card.  I cut the heart  using the Heart Framlits in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  The Whisper White is attached to the Melon Mambo with snail.  The Heart Image is stamped using the P.S. I Love you stamp set, also in the Occasions Mini.  Don't you love this catalog?  

To line the image up be sure to use your Stamp a ma jig to help you position your image and you will have a clean precise image exactly where you want it!  The card is finished off with a little piece of Melon Mambo 1/2" scallop dots ribbon.  The sentiment " you make my whole face smile"  makes this card perfect to thank someone any time of the year.
 


TIP:  Make a card for a friend, write or stamp your message using a sticky note on the inside and ask them to re-gift it. 


Thanks for stopping by,
 Until next time, Inky Huggz



No comments:

Post a Comment