Friday, April 13, 2012

EASTER CARD

Happy Friday,
I am a little late sharing this Easter card with you.  I have had the galloping crud and am finally giving in after 3 weeks and going to the doctor.  Yes, nurse Linda, (my neighbor Linda is a nurse) I made the appointment lol  This card is one I made for a workshop and I just love it!  I cased the original idea from our club card with Frances at Wagstamps  and tweaked it to make it mine.  I love the Easter Colors and the embossing.  The card base is Whisper white with a Concord Crush mat cut 1/4" smaller that the card base.  I used the two tags die embossed  with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  The sentiment from the Easter Dove stamp set in the Occasions Mini,  is stamped with Concord Crush ink and punched out with my 1 3/4" circle punch.  The larger scalloped circle was made using the 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch and Daffodil Delight card stock.  The small Concord Crush flowers are  the flower in the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  I put the stylus from my simply scored in the middle and holding the flower in the palm of my hand pressed in the center to make a small indentation to put my pearl in.  The leaves are from the Bird Builder stamp, you could also use the Little Leaves Sizzlits die.  I finished my card off with a little Daffodil Delight Grosgrain ribbon.




TIP:  When using this particular embossing folder I use a paper towel between the card stock and the folder.  This will keep your lines from cutting through areas in the paper.

DON'T FORGET ! Concord Crush is one of the In Colors that will be retiring this year.  If any of the 2010-2012 colors are you favs you need to stock up before May 31st!

If you would like to order any of these products please go to my shop now button.  I am always glad to answer any questions.  You can contact me by e-mail or at 919-302-8569.


I made this and you can too, let me teach you how.

Thanks for stopping by,
Inky huggz,

No comments:

Post a Comment