Thursday, December 13, 2012

CUTE GIFT CARD HOLDER

Christmas is closing in on me and I have been furiously working on a few fast and easy last minute cards and gift card holders.  Today I would like to share 2 of my gift card holders with you. 

These cute little packages are gift card holders.  Lift up the lid and you have a pocket to put your gift card in.  The bows are made using two sizes of oval punches.  makle sure you punch with the small one first and then with the larger size.  Attach your punched ovals together at the bottom and then adhere to your card.  Easy peasy. 

To make the bottome of the holder cut a piece of Designer Series Paper 9 x 3 1/4 and score at 2 1/2 and 6 3/4.  Put adhesive along one long side and one short side, on the inside of your paper( if you put it on both the top and bottom you will not have an opening for your card, I learned this the hard way.  oopsie)   fold your scores toward the center and press closed.  The lid is a piece of Designer Series Paper, I used the reverse side of the print I was used for the bottom.  Score at 1 1/2 and fold in half the long way.  Do not apply adhesive on this piece.  I put the lid on the box and attached it through the bottom of the box with a brad.

You can put your card in the envelope or attach it to a piece of card stock with a glue dot.  Make sure you make some type of pull to pull your cardstock out.  I used the retired tab punch.  gasp, yes I did, I used a retired punch.  They are available on the clearance rack.  The card stock insert should be 3 x 3 1/2 if you choose to use it. 

I attached a small strip of card stock to the front, added my bow and it's finished. 

I love that you can use these for birthdays or any occasion you would give a gift, simply change your paper to fit the occasion.

I hope you enjoyed my little gift boxes.

Before I go I would like to share this Video.




If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks for stopping by.
Inky Huggz,


No comments:

Post a Comment