Sunday, December 23, 2012

Today I have a gift card holder for my granddaughter.  Aralei is 16 and wants money and gift cards this year for Christmas which made my shopping for her simple.  I just haven't gotten the cards yet and it's 2 days before Christmas!  I need to join procrastinators annonymous. (smile)  I used a VISA card in each pocket but she also wants an Auto Bell card, itunes ( what teenager doesn't?) gas card and money, thus the VISA.  I used Becky Roberts holder for her mother as a springboard and this is what I ended up with.

This is the front of the book

 
Card 1


Card 2
 



Card 3


 
Card 4



Back page
 




It is a little bulky  I think I might use a small belly band to hold it closed even though the ribbon on the outside gets in the way.  In retrospect I should have used smaller ribbon.  I am not taking it apart although the temptation is strong.  I keep slapping my hands.  Don't you hate it when you are finished and find something you want to change? 

I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock as my base and the Festival of Prints Paper Stack to cover my pages.  My stamps are from the Scentsational Season Stamp Set and coordinating Framelits.  I double backed my cut out images using various punches and the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  Which punches you use is a matter of personal taste but mainly which one the image would fit on. 

I hope you enjoyed this gift card book.  I did not use Becky's tutorial however she has one on her blog if you would like to have one.

I will be changing the look of my blog as well as my posting platform  which is going to be a learning curve for me.  Stay tuned to see my new look.  I love it!  Stinkin' cute.  Thanks Cristena.

I hope you have enjoyed this share. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Inky Huggz,


No comments:

Post a Comment