Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.  Already out shopping?  My shopping is easy this year;  I have two 16 year old granddaughters that want gift cards and a few little extras.  My husband wants batteries for his tools.  How easy is that?  lol. 

Today I have an angel ornament that is fun and easy to make. 

Cut one scallop circle with your Scallop Circle Bigz die and punch two 2 3/8 scallop circles from your choice of DSP and one doily using your Paper Doily Sizzlets die, I used Whisper White card stock.  Cut all of your circles in half and glue each half of the doily on to each of the scallop circle halves.  I used the 2-Way glue pen as I found the multipurpose glue too sticky.  Form cones with each half of your punched scallop circle halves and one of your die cut circle halves to make your body and arms.  I tried various methods to glue the seams and hot glue works the best as you can still manipulate your form before it dries.  I tried red line tape but if I did not have it exact the first time I was in a mess.  lol  Use the remaining half of you die cut scallop with the doily glued to it for the wings, attaching at the back seam.  I used a long ornament hanger and ran it through the tip of my body cone, making sure to put a glob (technical term) of glue to secure it inside the cone.  My head was made with a bead from the pretties kit that you can find in the clearance rack topped with a button.  I added glue between the pearl and the body and another dot of glue between the pearl and the button.  Now you're done!   Isn't she cute! 


As always you can find your supplies in my store,

Thanks for stopping by,
Inky Huggs,
Karel

No comments:

Post a Comment