Tuesday, September 20, 2011



Today I have a card for you that I am making for a swap on Saturday.  My inspiration for this card was Chris Austin's coffee packet gift card.  I have moved that butterfly numerous times and can't seem to get the balance I am looking for.  I have decided to leave it alone and move on.  My real red cardstock is cut on the 11" side of the paper at 5 1/2 and scored in the middle making the card size 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  I cut my basic black cardstock 5 1/4 x 4" and layered it on to my red.  I stamped the First Edition Specialty paper cut 3 1/2 x 5" with a stamp from the Fabulous Florets stamp set in Basic Black . ( Normally I cut each layer 1/4" smaller than the previous layer on each side)  This time I left a larger space at the bottom of the black cardstock when I attached my First Edition to it so my ribbon would show up.  I cut my leaves from the Bird Builder punch.  I find the easiest way to do this with little paper waste is to cut a strip and place it under the leaf portion of the punch.  The flower was made using the faux suede technique and punched with the scallop punch.  I only punched three flowers as I separated the paper layers giving me 6 total.  To make flowers using this technique you must break down the cardstock so you can separate the layers.  I ran the cardstock through my crimper many times, crumpled it up it a tight ball and ran it through the crimper some more.  You will know when it is ready as it will begin to separate around the edges.   I carefully pulled the layers apart and used the inside portion of the paper, which looks like suede, up. My butterflies were cut using the beautiful butterflies die and dry embossed in the finial press embossing folder with my Big Shot.  I finished it off with a combination of Real Red and Basic Black ribbon.  There you have it,  Hope you enjoyed this card.  

 









PS:  I couldn't leave it alone.  I finally took the butterfly off and liked the simple appearance of the card.  Make one and let me know which one you like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment