Monday, September 26, 2011



Today I would like to share with you a card we made at our last WCPSS stamping group.  We meet every other month and Sherri Barron always has a cute card for us.  This card was made using the Best of Everything Stamp Set  and two of our new in colors: Calypso Coral and Pool Party.  The front of the card was embossed in the Houndstooth Testured Impressions Embossing Folder.  The Whisper White Cardstock is cut 4 1/4 x 2 1/2. I used markers to color the tree limb Chocolate Chip and the leaves Pool Party.  Make sure to huff on your stamp before stamping when using markers.  This adds moisture so your image will be clear.  My bird is stamped in Calypso Coral and the small piece of Domestic Goddess DSP is cut 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 .  I think the paper pulls the colors together very nicely.  To finish it off I used a piece of the Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon and a gold brad for his eye.  You could bling it up by using a Rhinestone Brad or one of our Basic Rhinestones.  This card is equally cute when made with Pool Party cardstock as the base and the leaves and bird stamped with Calypso Coral.  The plaid paper from the Domestic Goddess DSP and Pool Party ribbon would complete your card.  I am going to make a gift set of cards and box using this idea with matching envelopes made from the DSP.    I love the versatility of the paper and the color combination is one of my new favorites.  TIP:  When using colored cardstock I like to cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock about 1/4 to 1/2 inches smaller that the card and using my snail, attach it to the back inside page so that my personal note and signature will be visable.  I think I will stamp my little bird on the inside before I send it.


I would love to see what you make using these colors!







 These are the products I used for this card:

Best of Everything Stamp Set ( I prefer the Clear Mount)
Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 
Whisper White Cardstock
Domestic Goddess DSP
Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon
Mini Brads 
2011-2013 In Color Markers



Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment