Monday, September 12, 2011

When I saw the Timeless Portrait paper I thought;  It's cute, but so limited, what in the world would I use it for?  Well, have I changed my mind!  Below you will see my altered composition book.  

 
This is one of the black and white composition books that are on sale this time of year with the school supplies for $1.00 or less.  I covered the entire front with a combination of the girl on the swing and the black and white flower patterned DSP.  The flower is made from the scallop punch, I believe I used 6 punch outs, scrunched them up real tight and put a brad in the middle.  The ribbon is the 1 1/4" striped basic black grosgrain ribbon.  I wrapped one end of the ribbon around a pony tail tie and stitched it with a needle and thread.  The other end is secured with the brad that went through the center of the flower.  I wrapped the ribbon around the book and put the loop around the flower.   The back of the book was a black and white stripe.  I used the DSP black and white patterned paper only in the middle.  The stripes on each side are the back of the composition book.  You can see the ribbon wrapped around the back toward the left hand side.  I covered my hand stitching with a scrap piece of the grosgrain ribbon.  Isn't this cute!  
The Products I used are:


122352 Timeless Portrait Designer Series Paper
115615 Basic Black 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
104045 Anywhere Glue Sticks
118874 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch
needle and thread









No comments:

Post a Comment