Sunday, January 8, 2012

CRAFT SHARES





This is the last day of Christmas craft shares.  I made this cute reindeer using the Owl Punch, (with his feet cut off, ouch) in Chocolate Chip Card Stock 102128. His antlers are punched using the Snowflake Punch 119852 in Whisper White Card Stock 100730, his nose was punched using the Red Glitter Paper (which has been carried over from the Holiday Mini) 121790.  I backed him with Real Red Card Stock 102482 run through the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder 117335 and punched with the  1 3/4" Circle Punch 119850  mounted on a piece of Silver Glitter Paper (which also has been carried forward from the Holiday Mini) 124005 punched with the Scallop Circle Punch 119854.  I put 2 red and white polka dot pencils in our 1 x 8 Cellophane Bags 124134 and finished it off with a bow out of Real Red 1/8" Taffeta ribbon.



Next  up is a Santa Twizzler.  Santa is made using Whisper White Card Stock 100730 for his beard,  trim of his cap and his mustache.  Punch out the beard using the Ornament Punch 119847and the rim of his cap with the Wide Oval Punch 119859.  His mustache is the from the Bird Builder Punch 117191 wing .  I used Blushing Bride Card Stock 119796 for his nose and face punching his face with the Large Oval Punch 119855 and nose from and the eyes from the the Owl Builder Punch 118074.  His hat is Real Red Card Stock 102482 run through the Snow Burst Embossing Folder 124096 and cut in half.  To assemble: attach the  Blushing Bride Oval to the Whisper White Wide Oval .  Attach the beard to your oval sandwich using a Real Red piece of card stock for his mouth ( you can small circle punch a piece or cut a small piece) and Basic Black circles for his eyes.    The mustache is glued on top of your punch sandwich and topped with the circle for his nose (you might choose to pop these up on dimensionals).  Attach his cap to the back of the Whisper White wide oval .  I use a second Whisper White wide oval for the back to make it look neater and cleaner after I attached my 1 x 8 Cellophane Bags 124134 with the Twizzler to the back of the Santa face.  I finished it off with a leaf sprig punched with the Bird Builder Punch 117191 out of Old Olive Card Stock 100702 attached to the top of the rim of his hat. 

I saw some cute glittered red, gold, and silver scented tea light candles and decided to use an idea I had seen Dawn Griffith use.  This little Lollipop is a cute way to give a small remembrance and quick and easy to make.  Glue the back ( I used a hot glue gun) of the tea light to a sucker stick; you can find these in most craft or baking supply stores.  I put a circle of DSP or card stock on the  back to make it look neater.  Put the candle lollipop in one of our clear 3 x 5 cellophane bags, tie it closed with the ribbon of choice, add a tag and you're done.  Sadly the glitter is not showing up in this picture.  It was so sparkly I just loved it!
OOPS! This tree is not leaning must have been my unsteady hand when I took the pic with my IPhone.


Last but not least is my Real Red Christmas tree made from 20 lollies gradually decreasing both length and width in size.  The edges are punched with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch 117649 and the tree is topped with another lollie made from DSP.  I made this from a purchased tutorial that I tweaked a bit.  I believe the width is decreased by 1/4" and length would depend on how many layers you wanted.  I had a free tutorial that was not decreased as the small intervals of this one so it seemed there were huge gaps between some layers as opposed consistent graduation of this tree. 

That's it for the Christmas crafts.  Hope you enjoyed some of my ideas.  I will be sharing my Valentine ideas in the coming weeks. Although I love the traditional I have a few that are using non traditional colors. 

Until then.
Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment