Monday, January 2, 2012

CRAFT SHOW post 3

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  This year I resolved not to make any resolutions, instead I have promised myself to accept each day for what it is not dwelling on the past or depending on the future. What are your resolutions? Whatever they are blessings to you for 2012.

Just a few reminders before I continue.  
The CLEARANCE RACK is being updated daily, stop by to take a peek here .  Tomorrow is the last day to order from the HOLIDAY MINI CATALOG.  I have posted the carry forward list of items that will be available after the closing date on my blog.  DON'T FORGET! if the Stocking Builder Punch 124095 was on your wish list, it will not be available after tomorrow! You can order it by going to the shop now button in the upper right hand corner of my blog.

For my share today I have cute Mr. and Mrs. Santa boxes.  I made these as well as elf and reindeer boxes a few years ago using Gretchen Barron's tutorial.  This year I have only the Santa's.  I filled them with shred to make a cute gift box.

I used Gretchen's tutorial to make both of the boxes behind the faces using Real Red card stock 102482.  The faces are made using the Top Note Die 113463 and some left over blush blossom (discontinued) card stock I had.  Don't forget to sponge the edges of your pieces to give the faces a bit of dimension. Mrs. Clause was made using the following:  Her hair is made using Whisper White card stock 100730 which was run through the Big Shot in an embossing folder and punched with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch 119854.  I used three punches you could use more if you wanted another layer of hair on the top.  The holly leaves in her hair were made using the Large Oval 119855 punched out of Old Olive card stock 100702 with little punch bites taken out with the 1/2" circle punch 119869.  Her eyes are punched out of Whisper White card stock 100730 using the 3/4" Circle Punch 119873 and her eyelids are punched out of blushing bride card stock with the same punch and cut in half.  I used the Owl Builder Punch 118074 for the pupil of her eyes and the White Gel Pen 105021 to add a little detail.  Her glasses are punched from Brushed Gold card stock 102935 using the 1 3/4'' 119873 and 1 1/4" 119861 Circle Punches.  Her nose is punched  in blushing bride card stock using the 1/2" 119869 Circle Punch.  Her collar is punched with the Scallop Oval Punch 119856  from Whisper White card stock 100730 which was run through an embossing folder.  The smile is hand drawn and I used pearls I colored with marker and a button to finish off the holly and her collar.

Mr. Clause's face is made exactly like Mrs. Clause with the exception of no glasses and the addition of a beard.  lol    The hat for Mr. Clause is a Top Note die 113463 cut from Real Red card stock 102482 and cut in half diagonally.  The trim on his hat is Whisper White card stock 100730 run through an embossing folder and punched using the Scallop Oval Punch 119856.  His beard is Whisper White card stock 100730 run through an embossing folder and the Big Shot using the Top Note Die 113463.  I turned it around and ran it through a second time cutting the end off.  His mustache was made using the same process only the second cut is much thinner.  I used a small piece of Real Red card stock 102482 cut from the small oval punch 
( which has been discontinued ) for his mouth, behind his mustache.  You could use a circle punch as well.  I finished Mr. Clause off with a pom, pom on the tip of his hat.

 
I have one more day of Christmas craft items and then will move on to Valentines and items from the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  I apologize for posting Christmas so late, I had knee surgery and a bad reaction to some pain medication so I have unfortunately fallen behind.   


IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE NEW OCCASIONS MINI CATALOG AND WOULD LIKE ME TO MAIL ONE TO YOU OR WOULD LIKE THE STAMP SET OF THE MONTH  here (December 27th post) PLEASE CONTACT ME AT kstandish@bellsouth.net
 
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment