Friday, November 23, 2012

BELATED HAPPY THANKSGIVING

A belated Happy Thanksgiving!  How many of you shopped all night?  I was at Best Buy about 4 days ago and there was already a tent, table and chairs set up.  After I cooked and we ate I did the one thing I swore I wasn't going to do,  I went to Wal Mart.  I arrived about 6:00 and they were already open.  The store wasn't very busy, shoppers were picking up some of the deals that were out but you couldn't check out until 8:00.  I was there to get a great deal on Nabi 2 tablets for my grandsons.(they are 4 and 7 and don't read my blog )   I had gotten an email from Best Buy with the same price and went to the website as soon as it hit my inbox....sold out! So off I went into the madness. Electronics was very organized with one of the associates methodically labeling and forming lines for various items down aisles.  There were about 6 of us that stood in line for about an hour and a half.  Then the fun began.  First there appeared to be only about 3 tablets, the inventory showed many more than that.  While we patiently waited for them to locate the additional tablets another sales associate decided to sell the few they had to walk up customers. Can I just say drama! They located the additional tablets, thankfully, so I made my purchase and left.  I am staying home today. 

This is my Thanksgiving card made from an idea I saw on Pinterest.  We made these at our Sassy Stampers monthly meeting.  Frances had an event the following Saturday and used the idea to make 3 x 3 cards at her demonstration.  They turned out really cute.


 



I used Early Expresso card stock for my base and cut a Whisper White scallop square with my big shot, folded it in half and made a V cut in the middle of the front.  The belt is a Basic Black strip with a square of Daffodil Delight card stock punched with the 1 3/8" square punch and the 1" square punch for the buckle.   A piece of black ribbon and you're done! The sentiment and the envelope are stamped with the Day of Gratitude stamp set.  I always recommend using a piece of Whisper White card stock on the inside of your card, especially with dark colors for your sentiment or personal note. 


Don't forget the Online Extravaganza.  Your support is appreciated.


Hope you are enjoying your weekend and wish all of you a blessed holiday season.
Thanks for stopping by,
Inky Huggz,

No comments:

Post a Comment