Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ADVENT CALENDAR DAY 4


DAY 4

CLOSED
OPEN

I hope you are working on your advent calendar.  It is so much easier doing a little at a time.  I understand from someone that completed their project in one day that it took about 7 hours from start to finish.  I can believe that as I have my pieces cut out but still have to put my calendar together and have already spent hours on it.  Remember, you can make substitutions and changes to individualize your project.  I substituted some DSP squares as I didn't have all of the Christmas packs.  Hard to believe a paper lover like me was missing a paper pattern but yes, it's true.  Now, on to day 4.
  1. Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock 2 by 2"
  2. Using a 1 1/4" square punch, punch out one piece of Whisper White Card stock
  3. Stamp image using Garden Green ink in the middle of the Whisper White card stock.  Conversely, the image can be stamped then punched out with a 1 1/4" square punch.
  4. Optional: Using different color markers color each element of the image in different colors i.e. the number 4 in garden green, the presents in cherry cobbler, the star in daffodil delight, and the lines around the stamp garden green.  I did this in a couple of calendars and I like it much better.
  5. Adhere the Whisper White to the  2 by 2" piece of Cherry Cobbler.
  6. Adhere the Cherry Cobbler to the back of the scalloped peek-a-book window
  7. For the lid:  stamp the number 4 in Cherry Cobbler ( I cut my numbers out using the big shot and the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet)
  8. Punch out with a 1/2" circle punch
  9. Adhere to a 1" chocolate chip circle
  10. Adhere this to the outside of the window lid
You will need the following supplies to complete Day 4:
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439 
Peekaboo Frames Bigz L Die 124587
25 and Counting stamp set  123794 ( I prefer the clear mount)
Whisper White Card Stock  100730  
Garden Green Card Stock 102584
Chocolate Chip Card Stock 102128 
Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad 119669  or marker 119681

Garden Green Ink Pad 102272 or marker 100080
1 1/4" Circle Punch 119861
1/2" Circle Punch 119869

I completed Days 1-8 last night and it took me about 2 hours with everything already cut out. 

Hope to see you tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment