Sunday, October 2, 2011

ADVENT CALENDAR DAY ONE

Advent Calendar, you can see Stampin' Up's pictured in the Holiday Mini Catalog , page 36
 
One of my SUDSOL sisters, Maria Vanderform, is posting each day of the Advent Calendar with outside and inside views.  Thanks to Maria and her generosity I am able to share day one with you today.

                                           OUTSIDE VIEW                                                    

                                        INSIDE VIEW



These are her instructions to complete day one:


Stamp the image from the Day 1 stamp with Garden Green ink on Whisper white card stock twice. Punch one image with the 1" square punch and mount on a 2 by 2" piece of Whisper White card stock
Attach this 2 by 2" piece at the back of the die cut piece making sure it is centered and facing the right way up.
Cut out the snowflake image from the second one.  Cover it with dazzling diamonds and mount it on the flip up lid of the Cherry cobbler die.
Using your scissors, carefully cut out the word "one" and notch both ends. 
Mount it over the snowflake.


To complete day one you will need :
Peekaboo Frames Bigz L Die 124587
25 & Counting stamp set 123794 ( I prefer the clear mount)
Garden Green Ink ( pad 102272 or marker 100080) These stamps are small so if you don't have the Garden Green Stamp pad you can use your marker to color the image, huff and stamp
Whisper White Card Stock 100730
1" Square Punch 124094
Dazzling Diamonds 102023
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock  119685

Additional items you might need include snail or adhesive of choice, scissors or snips and for the completed project you will need a 12 x 12 frame.  I had difficulty finding one that was reasonably priced so I bought a 11 3/4 x 15 3/4 at IKEA, which I have not used yet. ( still hoping to find a 12 x 12) One of my friends found one at a thrift store for just a few dollars.  What luck!  If I decide to use my frame I will have to be creative with the top and bottom to fill in the space.  


I have a chart that lists the number of each shape and color you need to complete the calendar.  I did make a few substitutions as I did not have one of the Designer Series Paper packs when I cut mine out.  That is the nice thing about a project like this, you can change it around to make it your own.  If you would like a copy of the chart please leave a comment including your e-mail address.


Once again I would like to thank Maria for all of her hard work and for sharing it with me and with you.

Happy Crafting,





No comments:

Post a Comment